International Student Entrance Requirements
To qualify for admission into Southern California Institute of Technology as an international student, you must:
- Complete the online International Students Application using the SCIT Application Portal and mail all parts of the completed application to SCIT. Please Note: We are currently not accepting International Student Applications until further notice.
- Show proof of financial support for tuition and living expenses by completing an Affidavit of Financial Support Form (this form is part of the International Students Application)
- Complete an interview and tour the facilities
- Be at least 17 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or primary credentials used in your country to demonstrate that you have completed high school or secondary school.
- Have proof of English Language Competency. Proof of English competency includes any one (1) of the following:
- TOEFL PBT (Paper Based Test) of at least 550 or TOEFL iBT (Internet Based Test) of at least 80, OR
- Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB or Michigan Test) score of at least 80, OR
- A certificate indicating an intermediate ESL course was successfully completed at an accredited institute, OR
- Completion of an accredited college program in the United States, OR
- Completion of a high school diploma or GED in the United States, OR
- Completion of a high school diploma or college program in a nation where English is the language for education.