Student Rules for Entry
Students enrolled in certain lab courses may have an option to make appointments to visit the school for in-person tutoring and support with their coursework. If you are enrolled in a lab-based course that has an option for in-personal tutoring, you can make an appointment to visit the school by following the directions provided by your instructor. Please take note of the following if you are enrolled in a lab-based course that has the option for in-person tutoring:
- The school may suspend in-person tutoring at any time depending on situational developments or regulatory requirements.
- Students who do not make appointments will not be permitted to enter the school for in-personal tutoring.
- There are restrictions placed on the maximum number of students permitted to enter the school for in-person tutoring. There may be certain days where you will not be able to make an appointment to come to the school.
Conditions to Visit School
In order to maintain the safety of our school environment, we require that you meet the following conditions to visit the school. If you do not meet any one of the following conditions, then please do not visit the school.
- YOU MUST NOT HAVE BEEN EXPOSED TO AN ILL OR SYMPTOMATIC INDIVIDUAL WITHIN THE PAST 10 DAYS
Living in a household where any member of the household has been ill or symptomatic is considered being exposed.
- IF YOU HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH COVID-19, THEN YOU MUST MEET ALL THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- At least 20 days have passed since symptom onset; and
- At least 5 days have passed since resolution of fever without the use of fever-reducing medication; and
- No other symptoms exist
Those diagnosed with COVID-19 but have met the criteria above may visit the school; however, you must inform the school prior to visiting that you have previously been diagnosed with COVID-19. Please visit the following website for COVID-19 testing information in Orange County: https://occovid19.ochealthinfo.com/covid-19-testing
- YOU MUST NOT BE FEELING ILL OR BE SYMPTOMATIC
Symptoms include any one of the following:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- Masks or face coverings must be worn at all times.
- 6 ft social distancing must be practiced.
- Sanitize/wash your hands (minimum 20 seconds) regularly and avoid touching your face.
- Avoid touching unnecessary objects in the building.
- Observe and abide by the signs posted throughout the campus, especially those indicating no entry for students. Follow the directions of your instructor.
- Idling around the campus or congregating socially is not permitted on campus. Students with appointments should complete their in-personal instructional support session and leave the campus when complete.
- If you are going to a classroom, there will be dots placed on the desks that you may sit at. Please stay in the same seat throughout the entire time you are at the school.
- If you are going to the outdoor wiring lab, please stay at the station you have been assigned to throughout the entire time you are at the school.
- If you want to visit the administrative offices at the school, you must make an appointment first. Please do not walk to the administrative offices after you complete your in-person instructional support session without an appointment.
- Second floor restrooms are closed to students. Only first floor restrooms may be used.
Rules While In Building
Students who are visiting the school for in-person tutoring must follow the following rules for entry:
Checking In To Campus
All students attending an in-person tutoring session must check in at the check-in counter located in the Corner Café on Mondays-Thursdays or the front entrance lobby on Fridays. On Mon-Thu, please park in the student parking lot and enter in through the Corner Café to check-in at the check-in counter. After you check-in, you will be directed where to go. If the Corner Café entrance is closed, please go around to the front entrance lobby and press the button in the entrance lobby to speak with the front desk for further instructions.