International Student Application Process
SCIT accepts international student applications continuously throughout the year with 5 different start times covering all seasons. There is a $100 (USD) Non-Refundable application fee that must be paid after completing the application. Once the application is completed and the application fee has been processed you can expect the result of you application within 2 months.
The application process can be divided into a total of 4 steps:
Step 1: Request Application
- Request an application by completing and submitting the Request for Application Form
- After completing and submitting the form you will receive an email within 5 business days containing the following:
- An Applicant ID, which you will use in the application and the number SCIT will use to identify you.
- The International Student Application Form. It is in PDF format and will require Adobe PDF Reader to be completed.
Step 2: Complete the Application and Pay Fee
- The International Student Application is divided into 2 parts:
- Part 1 - Applicant Information
- This part includes personal information, educational background and history, as well as U.S. Visa information and history.
- Part 2 - Affidavit of Financial Support
- This part includes financial information to show the applicants financial backing to support the cost of education at SCIT.
- Instructions will be provided to you on how to complete the application, including how to pay the non-refundable, $100 (US Dollar) Application Fee.
- You will have a deadline of 180 days to complete the application after you receive it.
Step 3: Application Processing and Review
- We will review your application and inform you of our decision within 60 days of your application submission date.
- We may ask you for additional information during this time.
Step 4: Visa Application Process
- If you are admitted, SCIT will issue you a Form I-20, which you will need when visiting a local U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your country of residence (or the nearest U.S. Embassy).
- Instructions and information regarding the Visa interviewing process will be emailed to you. An SCIT Admissions Representative will be in contact with you to help you throughout the Visa Process and finalize a starting date for your program.