Last Updated 3/1/2022
To All SCIT Students:
SCIT is closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation and is taking precautionary steps to keep the school environment safe for all students, staff and faculty. In light of the situation and in an effort to keep our community safe, the school transitioned most courses to an online learning environment; however, certain courses are offered in a Hybrid model whereby students are given an option to attend online or in-person provided that those who attend in-person meet the school’s policies for in-person attendance. If you have questions about your class schedule or are unable to attend school, please contact the Student Services Office by emailing email@example.com. Please take note of the following guidance during this time:
- COVID-19 information for current students can be found on the COVID-19 Information page on the Student Center Site, including information regarding material lending and pickup, and online technology resources. Students are advised that access to the Student Center Site requires that they be logged in with their school email account.
- The school is implementing a Transition Plan for a gradual availability of limited in-person instruction as restrictions ease. Students may read more about the school’s Transition Plan on the COVID-19 Information page on the Student Center Site. The school’s Transition Plan may be updated periodically as necessitated by current conditions.
- If possible, please communicate with school offices via phone, email or text rather than scheduling in-person meetings. The school will be limiting in-person appointments with students throughout this time.
- Students and visitors are required to follow the Student Rules for Entry at all times while in the school.
Thank you for your patience during this situation. Please be safe and heed the direction of health officials to the best of your abilities throughout these challenging times.
The Coronavirus situation is an evolving situation and the school will continue to monitor it closely. Any new update will be posted to this webpage as needed and students will be notified via email of any new updates. Please make sure to check your email regularly. The following are official sources to stay up to date on COVID-19:
Information for Current Students
Please visit the COVID-19 Information page on the Student Center Site for the latest information regarding SCIT’s response to the COVID-19 situation. The COVID-19 Information page includes the following information:
- Transition Plan details, including how to sign up for in-person courses and in-person policies
- Vaccination information and requirements
- COVID-19 testing information
- Material lending and pickup procedures
- Notices for veteran students regarding impacts to veterans benefits
- HEERF Grant information, including links to latest application rounds
In addition to COVID-19 information, the Student Center Site contains information regarding how to use the online technologies utilized for online instruction, orientation material, instructions for software installation, and more. Students are advised that access to the Student Center Site requires that they be logged in with their school email account.Student Center Site
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act established the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) to provide emergency financial aid grants (HEERF Grants) to eligible students impacted by the COVID-19 situation. The Coronavirus Response and Relief Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2021 (CRRSAA) authorizes additional emergency financial aid grants to be added to the Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF II). SCIT is participating in these programs to provide financial relief to eligible students who were unexpectedly transitioned to online instruction and who may have experienced other financial hardships resulting from the COVID-19 situation. SCIT students who are eligible and qualify to receive an HEERF grant, which is money that does not need to be paid back, will receive the grant in the form of a check (or multiple checks) mailed to the student directly. Please visit the HEERF Grant Information Site for more details about the method and manner by which HEERF Grants are awarded to students, including statistics about the awarded amounts.HEERF Grant Information Site